Sunday 26 April 2015

Internal show

3rd year interanl show 

The 3rd year internal show was on Thursdays the 23rd April and was held in the quad at uni. I   volunteered to help out backstage as a dresser. I was nervous and excited to be dressing as I was worried I wouldn’t be able to dress quick enough or I might style the outfit wrong. However, I really enjoyed dressing backstage as it gave me a real insight to how a show works. It also gave me a chance to have a closer look at the 3rd years work and how much detail and work they have put in.





I was assigned a model and had 12 looks to dress the model in. I felt apprehensive at first with the amount of clothes but once we had done the fitting I was excited for the show. The main worry for me was that I wouldn’t be able to buckle the shoes in the time constrains. The fitting helped as it was a chance to work out how to style the looks, work out if there were any problems with the fit of the garments, it also ensured I dressed the looks to the designer requirements.






The show went so quickly we arrived an hour before the show to prep backstage and then the show started and it went past in a blur. I tried to stay as organised as possible tidying and prepping the next look for the model. I really enjoyed the whole experience I was a little annoyed I didn’t get to see the show but I liked dressing and found it very rewarding once it was finished.




















Overall the whole experience of helping has given me a lot of tips and ideas for my work and excited for when it’s my turn to show my final collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment